Thursday, September 15, 2005

Going home

I'll be landing in San Jose tomorrow morning and leaving again Sunday evening. The trash has been taken out, the dishes washed, the floors vacuumed, the bags packed. It's time for a drive. (And then a flight. When I tell people at work I'm going home for the weekend, I have to explain that I'm flying because they don't seem to realize that it is a 16 hour drive.) Inspire me California, the only place I really call home.

After hearing it on the radio the other day, I've rediscovered a song I used to listen to from time to time in college. And that song is Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? by Paula Cole. I really like it, though people who are familiar with my general tenor may find that a bit odd. Then again, peoples' musical tastes are so often not what you might expect of them. Like suburban kids who listen to hip-hop. Who would've guessed?

No comments: