Monday, September 04, 2006

still none too pleased

I'm still angry about what happened to me, the crew, the job, our reputation on Saturday. There are a lot of different things that I can do with my anger, but most of it wouldn't be constructive. I think I've gotten all the yelling, screaming, kicking, punching, and throwing out of my system. Now it's time to go back to work tomorrow and focus on how this happened and how to prevent similar incidents.

It all goes back to communication, yet again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Communication is key to most productivity and all forms of human relations. One way to ensure that communication happens is to make it simple, not exceptional.

Anonymous said...

Calm down. This won't be the first or last time! Being a perfectionist sometime has a big price to pay.