Monday, June 11, 2007

end of an era, officially

I finally had my old car towed away today. If you're wondering why I didn't do this months ago when it stopped running, the simplest explanation you come up with is probably the correct one. Amazingly enough, I still had all the known (to me) sets of keys: two regular keys and two valet keys. Aside from those and the title, I pretty much stripped everything else of value from the car. In the end, I kept the floor mats from the front seats and moved them into my new car. (The ones from the back seat didn't fit well and I rarely have people sitting back there anyway.) Perhaps I could have taken the battery or spare tire, but there are limits to what is acceptable to have sitting in your living room. For me, nothing is working just fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of spare tires, I have two studded snow tires and steel wheels with mounted chains that fit that car. Probably too late to ask if you want them.