Thursday, June 05, 2008

we have corn!

I was out the other day on a job. I'll say I was there for an audit, but I was available and they phoned in that there was a last minute request for sugar so I went. I shouldn't even call it a last minute request. We had already started pumping cement downhole when the company man asked for sugar. It was a ridiculous request, but we're the service company bitch so we pretty much do whatever our clients ask for no matter how stupid, reckless or generally petty their demands are. Anyway, we were done with the job, sitting on the side of the road just off location have a our pre-convoy meeting. We happened to be in the middle of a corn field so some of the guys helped themselves to some corn. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean they just pick them right out from the stalk without asking? There is a law in California that if you pick oranges from someone's grove, even they are on the ground, someone catches you, it is punishable and you can do time in jail! The law also applies to any other produces. Try to pick some apricots near the Los Altos city hall and see what will happen!