Thursday, September 11, 2008

thursday's ike update

Note: I cheated and dumped two other posts in at the same time so scroll down to read them, probably read those first.

We're closed as indicated in my last post. I am still in Victoria and will likely remain in Victoria if the storm continues to track north and east of Victoria. With landfall now much closer to Freeport than Port O'Connor, Victoria should see substantially lower wind speeds. I know definitively that at least four other employees from our yard are staying in town, though I suspect a couple more will also be around, especially given the storm's expected path. If, by tomorrow morning, Ike has veered back towards Victoria, I will be heading to San Antonio at a fairly early hour in the morning. Otherwise, I am prepared to ride out the storm here and should be able to handle no power or water for several days if it is necessary.

No comments: