Tuesday, April 18, 2006

reading to do

By the way, I finally finished re-reading The Fountainhead a couple weeks ago. Previous times that I read the book, I dog-eared pages that had phrases that I felt were especially memorable or significant or concise or offered an interesting insight into the, uh, human condition. This time around, I dog-eared a few more pages, but the odd thing is that I couldn't figure out why I had dog-eared some of the pages the first time around. Perhaps my standards were less discriminating the first couple times around.

I'm on to reading Shadow of the Giant, the eighth and final book in the Ender series by Orson Scott Card. I like the series, though it really is two different series, perhaps arguably three separate series. Of course, reading this is just postponing the meatier books I have by my bed including the ones on birth order and behavior, stock investing, Godel's proof, Alice in Wonderland, general mathematics, GEB, and the federalist papers.

2 comments:

Edward Ott said...

read alice in wonderland first, it is the most significant of the ones you listed.

Anonymous said...

What is GEB? I assume that's the book by Hofstadter. Heavy stuff.