Saturday, June 03, 2006

anti-stuff again

I was in Sam's Club last week thinking about purchasing the Volume I and Volume II DVDs of The Family Guy. They seemed to be strategically priced at $17.76 each in an effort to play off of the Memorial Day holiday. The price was right, even better than the $20 that Costco had when they first came out, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. For starters, I feel cheated by the season finale which was an edited version of their Stewie movie thing which wasn't all that funny in the first place. Plus, the more I thought about it, the more pointless it seemed. There is the sense of completeness of having them to go with the Volume III DVDs I have. However, I can watch all the Volume I and II episodes from the potentially not legitimately purchased versions that I have on my computer. And the more thought I gave the matter, I realized that more stuff, which is what it would become, is not what I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The less you own the more good, oops, I mean better. Just think when you have to move! If your worldly goods and life long possessions don't fit into 2 average suitcases, then you have too much. Was that Thoreau who said simplify, simplify, simplify