Friday, June 23, 2006

complex orders at the drive-thru

Ok, if you have a fast food order that's so complex (relatively speaking) that you need to have it read back to make sure they got it right, then you need to not be in the drive-thru.

"Uh, can I have the number one, no pickles, diet cola, no salt on the fries and a second number one, no pickles, cola, large size."

Yes, that isn't all that complicated. But, this is through an always suspect speaker system and to someone who is trying to take payment from the person before that and that person works for McDonald's in the first place. And really now, who goes to the Golden Arches and asks for no salt on their fries? I hope they put extra salt just for making such a stupid request. I know you can request it your way and all that jazz at fast food eateries in some attempt to make the food feel less mass produced, but I've always questioned the wisdom in having food special made. There's a reason I take the pickles out myself. I don't want them to mess with my food. And it hold up the drive-thru line because they need to special make a new batch of fries and (in theory) not put salt on them.

Come to think of it, my fries had more salt than normal. I hope they came from the same batch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brain is burning just by thinking how complicate this is!