Monday, July 10, 2006

week 28: balance

In some ways, quite possibly many, I am succeeding wildly with the challenges of work. My attitude, commitment, and execution are strong and have helped me earn the respect and trust of those I work with. I can be counted on the pay attention to details and take on all the random things that need to get done to keep the wheels turning.

In another way, I am failing miserably. I am out of balance. Outside of work, well, there is no outside of work. Wake-up, go to work all day, go home, brood, sleep too little. As Homer put it so well, "Lather, rinse, and repeat. Always repeat." That's right, always repeat, every day. It's as if my life happens in short spasms during the far too occasional times I am several hundred miles away from Farmington. I don't have a life in Farmington. It's as if Farmington is one life and the Bay Area is another. When I travel from one to the other, one life resumes and the other is put on hold. The problem is that they are both my life, not two, nearly totally separate entities.

No comments: