Sunday, December 11, 2011

lacking insulation

I've shown a few people from back home photos of my room here. It is basically a metal box with windows and a door. It's spartan, but not really any less dressed up or decorated than how my apartment in Farmington was for the first year or two I lived there. In practical terms, it has everything I need which is basically functioning bathroom facilities, a bad, dresser for clothes, and a nightstand with a lamp. As low maintenance as I can be, the lack of insulation in the room is my only real gripe. Ok, the TV hasn't been working this rotation either, but I don't even miss that. But waking up in a cold room does not exactly make me want to go to work in the morning. Of course, I'm pretty sure I'm living better than 99% of the country so a bit of perspective helps.

No comments: