Thursday, October 20, 2005

Tulsa

I might as well write something since I’ve been here for a few days now. Until today, Tulsa was unseasonably warm, but now it looks like winter is starting here. They’re keeping us pretty busy but it’s fairly interesting. It’s a lot like being in college, except class lasts all day instead of an hour or two at a time. I don’t do well at sitting still for much more than 30 minutes at a time unless I get to do some of the talking. I could be, but since I almost never have questions to ask, there is limited opportunity for it.

This Marriott is way better than the Holiday Inn Select or the apartments we could be in. In the end, it’s just a room, but we also have access to a lounge that I think only other Schlumberger people have access to. There’s also an upstairs lounge that serves breakfast as well as dinner appetizers in the evenings when we get back. It’s rather pleasant and low-key and there’s just enough food to make it qualify as a dinner which saves me the trouble of having to go out and find a place to eat every night. It’s designed to cater to business customers which is what I am, however odd that seems to me. However, it is not open Friday and Saturday nights as well as Saturday and Sunday mornings, which means I’ll be fending for myself over the weekend. However, I am cunning and resourceful and mildly devious so I expect to land on my feet.

I’ll take some photos eventually, but quite honestly, this is Tulsa and the training center is in Kellyville. Nothing wrong, but nothing right either. It’s not a photogenic place, especially with it being so flat and all.

No comments: