Thursday, March 09, 2006

off target

Now that I have a pseudo-TV, I was able to watch Cal beat USC in their first round game of the Pac-10 tournament. It was on FSN Arizona which is the nearest major market to here. During the break, there was a commercial for Dave and Busters which in of itself is fine even if it is an incredibly awkward place to get hit on. The commercial seems a little ill-placed since the nearest D&B's is in Westminster, CO which is near Denver. Even if I had been in Phoenix, the nearest location is all the way in Southern California. Yes, there are locations near where both teams are from, but this broadcast came out of Arizona and they could have had region-specific commercials.

In other news, I am vastly entertained by commenters who clearly do not know me and/or do not know how to read. Also, the ones that are off-topic just baffle me. If you want your own forum for your own ideas, you can write your own blog. It's really easy. Even I can do it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes they have advertising for chains that don't have locations nearby to create incentive for people to buy into the franchise and open up their own store. Doesn't really make sense to me, but I hear that's the theory.

~Ming

Brian said...

Oh goody, I can't wait for a Dave & Buster's to open in town. Now that won't encourage parents to get drunk in front of their children and expect the staff to babysit for them.

Anonymous said...

hmm... getting drunk. Come on Brian, you remember the good old days of drunken-fun in college. The parents just want to do the same! :p
~Ming

Anonymous said...

Brian got drunk? Not possible, at least no in the dorm!

Anonymous said...

Just back from a weekend trip and here it is, Brian reproves us for writing something that is irrelevant to his blog.