Saturday, December 23, 2006

social networking

That was a pleasant family dinner. Seriously, it was a lot of fun.

In a small show of support, I will now shamelessly link to IBM and Facebook since I have family that works there. My great concern with social networking sites is that the few that rise to prominence often fade quickly. Friendster anyone? Read this article from May and then read this other article from October. So here's to Facebook, and MySpace, Friendster, Orkut, Xanga, and many more.

While we're on this subject, I need some help remembering the name of a networking service that was marginally popular with college students when I was in college. I believe it started on the east coast and schools were ranked by percentage of students using the service and a lot of it was done through AIM. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm on strike for independence and freedom, or I am just lazy, but I do not wish to become a member of Knowledge@Wharton.

So spoon-feed me. What am I missing?