Saturday, November 03, 2007

welcome to victoria

I made my meeting yesterday, spent all day in the office, and then finally went home. And then heroically unpacked my U-Haul by myself. I was able to unload the entire thing in a little over two hours. That includes getting almost everything upstairs except for a few small things that may reside in the garage space anyway and the futon frame. The futon frame will probably be disassembled before going up the stairs. It's both cumbersome because it folds flat into a bed (though very light) and possibly too large. I did get everything else up the stairs including my dresser, bookshelf, kitchen table, cabinet-ish things that I've had since I was a kid, and even my bed. And all without dragging any of them on the ground.

I returned my U-Haul today as well, which brings to a close my roughly 1,050 miles of driving. Based on my final mileage, fuel receipts, and returning the U-Haul with very close to the same amount of fuel that it started with, I averaged about 8.5 miles per gallon. Now that I don't need to worry about jinxing myself and doing something foolish in the U-Haul, I can safely say that the car trailers can be driven a lot faster than the recommended speed of 45 miles per hour. I'm also thrilled to be back in my Fusion. Sure, the U-Haul was a Ford as well, but that E-450 flavor just isn't the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's this about having garage space? Do you expect to put your car in there, too? And if you say your apartment has air conditioning I will know you have gone soft.