Thursday, January 03, 2008

work is ...

I have been busy at work. Or, better put, my mind has been busy. We finally had a face-to-face meeting with a client over a dispute that arose from a job before I arrived. While nothing is settled for good, I think we're finally on the same page and a resolution seems much more definitive than ever before. Being able to put this to rest will be a big load off of my mind.

Another front at work has my mind racing. I'm dealing with some unusual personnel developments as well as some coming developments that will be disruptive and difficult to stomach. Alas, it's my district to manage, my district to lead, my situation to conquer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, true, and true. Welcome to management.

Anonymous said...

Read BusinessWeek 1/14/2008 issue, pager 38! CEO Gould spends about 1/3 of his time in Houston.