Friday, March 07, 2008

bye bye laredo

So that was Laredo. We never really had to leave the hotel since the we were using their conference room for the class I was attending. And, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays they offer complimentary snacks starting at 1700. And these snacks re really more food than I eat for a typical dinner so I took full advantage of that on Tuesday night and didn't bother going out since I was tired and had bajillions of e-mails to respond to. And the only reason I left the hotel on Wednesday night was because we had a class dinner at a disturbingly empty restaurant. It filled in a little eventually, but I was concerned when the first few appetizers were rather lackluster. They salvaged the evening when the meat finally arrived. Go beef!

Anyway, I never bothered seeking the US-Mexico border out. Especially since I was advised not to head that way given the security situation across the river in Nuevo Laredo. Fun times had by all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't!