Thursday, March 27, 2008

so i see i haven't posted in a while

So I see I haven't posted anything here for a couple weeks. In my defense, I was really busy, out of town and then really busy again. I was mostly really busy the first time trying to makie sure I had everything set up to go out of town. And I'll discuss all that eventually. The thing currently on my mind is that since I've been back, I've been dealing with an utter shitstorm, for lack of a better word.

We had a job go south on us. Way south. It's hard to be specific and yet suitably vague and still get across just what this might mean. Essentially, it took us a couple tries to get a job right. And it was very frustrating for a lot of people, especially those in the field who ended up on location for 48 hours.

In the end, while our internal problems created a delay for the client, it was much better then trying to perform a job that was destined to fail halfway through. That would have been an unmitigated disaster. This was merely a crisis of faith in comparison. With a lot of lessons learned.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Just for clarification, no one was hurt on this job.