Sunday, November 16, 2008

wedding at an airport

I rarely remember my dreams, but I had an interesting one last night that's given me a great idea. In my dream, I was at an airport attending a gala. It was quite distinctly a gala, not a soiree or a party or a dinner, but a gala. I was dressed to the nines and needed to get to the airline ticket counter first because I needed to reschedule my flight since the gala was going to end later than originally planned. Somehow, I couldn't find the counter and instead ended up at the entrance for the room where the gala was being held. Oddly enough, no one could direct me to the ticket counter so I proceeded to run around the airport in a desperate attempt to find the counter. I eventually found it and that's when my dream ended. I woke up and my hamstrings were really tight.

The dream gave me the great idea of having a wedding at an airport. This would work best for a West Coast wedding if you expected many of the guests to fly to the wedding from time zones to the east. That way they could leave early, arrive by midday Pacific time, have a pleasant time, then catch a red-eye back and land early the next morning back in their home towns. If they wanted to stay in town, either before or after the wedding, they could grab a free airport shuttle to a nearby hotel. This would also allow for reckless drinking without the corresponding reckless driving and cut down on car rentals.

You may be asking, then why not have the wedding at one of those nearby hotels? Sigh, because that's not what my dream was like! Don't you realize that once I'm stuck on an idea, it's hard for me to shake it? The wedding on a party bus idea lasted for a couple years. Nothing says fun like open bar and motion sickness. Besides, children could entertain themselves riding around the luggage carousels and people could bring some glamour back to flying by wearing their formal clothes on their flights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wedding can last for days with the airlines canceling their flights at the last minutes. You can have Skychef caters for your reception with airline foods and drinks. Not a bad idea if you can find airlines to sponsor your wedding and make it into a commercial. You also can have airports compete hosting for your wedding show! Like Fly from my airport non-stop to….. You also can have airport hotels as sponsors so your guests can stay free. Think of all the commercial and entertainment possibilities what a wedding at the airport can bring!