Wednesday, April 08, 2009

my feet are enormous, maybe

I recently purchased a new pair of sneakers. For those of you who never noticed, and I'd be surprised if you did, my footwear of choice is size 12 (US) adidas running/cross-training sneakers. I like their fit, especially the width of adidas shoes which are generally wider than Nike models. A size 12 in the US is 11.5 in the UK and 46 2/3 in Europe. (Handy link) They do not sell fractional numbers here so it's either a 46 or a 47. Or just a 46. I was in a sporting goods store which had a good selection of shoes and found some shoes I liked in size 46 and didn't find any 47s so I tried what them on and they fit well enough. I looked around at other shoes and other boxes and didn't see any larger than a 46. Maybe people here have generally smaller feet or maybe the larger sizes are kept in the back. I'm not sure, but I have been looking at more peoples' shoes.

1 comment:

buickguy said...

If you get desperate and you are confident of your shoe size, I can ship you a pair or so from stateside.