Wednesday, August 30, 2006

back already

See, I'm already back from Denver. It was a Ford Focus ZX4. I can see why it's been generally well received by automotive critics. While choosing my options when booking this trip, I choose the 'Standard' car size as opposed to the smaller 'Compact' and 'Sub-compact' options. It makes me wonder if they had a Ford Ka hidden in the back of the lot somewhere in case anyone actually wanted a sub-compact.

It had decent power for what I consider a compact car though that was certainly aided by its relatively small size, weighing in at roughly 1500 lbs less than my own car for instance. I could definitely tell that a couple passengers would have had a substantial impact on the car's performance. Though I'm not so sure a couple passengers would fit. I had my seat rolled all the way back and I still felt like scooting back just a little bit more. Plus, I definitely did not have much head room and I was almost troubled by how close the B-pillar was to my head. I also didn't care for the lack of a tachometer, but what can I expect from an automatic, economy car. I did like how sensitive the brakes were, especially since I'm used to American cars having spongy brakes, or at least minivans do.

I would definitely pick a Focus again if I had to, but only if I had no more than one passenger.

No comments: