Tuesday, August 29, 2006

a day in denver

By the way, I'm going to Denver tomorrow for a lunch meeting/presentation related to a project I am undertaking. I'll be back by tomorrow night. Isn't that wonderfully absurd? Planes that seat 19 passengers rock!

In related news, I get to rent a car for the first time. One of the other field engineers who had to go to Denver a couple months ago ended up with a Chevy HHR, GM's boxier answer to the PT Cruiser. Maybe I'll get a Hyundai.

This also marks the first time that I will be flying since the latest round of travel restrictions was implemented. While they don't affect laptops, I'm still not taking mine since there is no need for it during such a short visit. However, I do have to leave behind my usual bottle of water and travel toothpaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, you are checking nothing. I have no satisfactory substitute for the water, but do not hesitate to ask flight attendants for water as they are used to filling more than the old average number of requests.

Toothpaste is sold in powder form, but that may not fly either. If all else fails, use salt.

Hyundais can be nice, especially their "large" four-door. Who needs a Mustang convertible?

Anonymous said...

You don't get to use the corporate jet!

By the way, no need to use toothpaste. Actually the toothpaste is not all that good for you. There was this speculation that it is the conspiracy between the toothpaste manufactures and the ADA. Toothpaste takes away the layers of enamel that protect your teeth from cavity, this will allow more works for dentists! Baking soda works much better and cheap. Then may be they would suspect that you are going to mix the baking soda with water in the restroom and do domething spectacular on the plane. Or you can take your mother's advice by washing your mouth with soap.