Wednesday, February 28, 2007

you say i can't park there eh?

When my car's decline began to accelerate a couple weeks ago, I stopped driving it and have been using various other vehicles to get to and from work. Apparently, I parked one of them in the wrong place one night and found a note taped to the windshield the following morning. The text is as follows:

"You have parked in space reserved for a tenant of Sunset House Apartment. Your vehicle license plate has been recorded. For future practices, please stop parking in the places reserved for tenants who pay rent. Visitor parking spaces are plainly marked on the south side parking lot in the front of the building. If you absolutely must park in tenant parking, then require your host or hostess to give up the parking space for which he or she pars rent allowing you to park in that particular space while he or she parks in visitor parking. Otherwise in the future, you will owe recompense to the individual who pays rent for this and any other spot. Thank you for your care and caution in this matter."

Is it me, or is that notice unusually hostile and about as well written as one of my blog entries? I've been mulling over how to reply to this. The prudent thing to do would be nothing. However, I have a feeling that this wasn't written by the building manager and that irks me a little bit. It makes me feel like some tenant is trying to bully me with empty threats. Again, I should do nothing, but part of me feels like going to the hardware store and picking up some roofing nails. Specifically, the ones with the big square heads. If you can't figure out where I'm going with this, you either don't know what these nails look like or you don't fully comprehend the petty vengeance that I wish to wreak on all sorts of people and things but never get a chance to. Alas. I guess I'll have to settle for spitting off an overpass though I am a three hour drive from the closest one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, now. Why don't you just take two aspirin and call me in the morning when you are rested?

Anonymous said...

Go to the apt. mgr. (it could be the mgr. who left you the note) and find out whom the parking spot belongs to. Once you find that person, and ask him if he's the sob who put that note on your windshield. If he is the one, take a good look of him and see if you can beat the heck out of this thug. Second, make lots of copies of that notice and start puting it on the windshield in all the cars in that lot. Since you come and go in the middle of the night, no one will see you anywhere.

On the practical side, you just have to notify the mgr. that you have various cars parking in the apt. lot so no one will bother you again.