Saturday, March 10, 2007

cleaning out the car

I have more or less finished cleaning out my old car. In addition to finding an extra $0.70 under the seat, there were some other odd goodies inside. Like an Eagle Card that expired in March 2004. Yeah, that brings back memories, though I don't remember buying one my senior or late junior year of college. Buried under the napkins and a box of tissues I didn't even know were in the glove compartment were some old AAA maps. One was even older than the car, but not older than me. I have also come away with some spare light bulbs and lots of fuses. Apparently, I bought more than I needed when I was trying to figure out my electrical problems from a few months back. And who wants supplies from a 21 year-old first aid kit?

Items of more questionable value (hey, that old gauze is still good right?) include the tow hitch, car jack, and the floor mats. The floor mats might be keepers if they are even close to fitting my new car though even I can admit that that is rather unnecessary. The car jack is probably of little value to me and there's a good chance it stays with the car to the junk yard. The tow hitch isn't much use to me either, but I can probably find someone who wants it. Like you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn, you're the one who had my Eagle Card which I had been looking for all these years! I haven't been to that Deli since.

Anonymous said...

If you lug that tow hitch back to Los Altos, I'll take it. Fits my trailer, you know.

Anonymous said...

Several options what to do with the stuff you found in your car. Put them on eBay. Donate them and take a BIG tax reduction.
Just imagine if every car/truck and what not has about a buck in it, which would add up to non-invested billions of dollars sitting idle and has no return of any value. There's opportunity loss or should it be the loss of the opportunity gain!