Sunday, February 03, 2008

ron paul rally

I attended a Ron Paul rally yesterday. Huh? Yes, you read that correctly. There's a guy at work who is really into Ron Paul and he's got a couple others from work drinking the Kool-Aid so I decided to go for the spectacle. After all, Dr. Paul (he was an OBGYN at some point) does represent the 14th Congressional District of Texas in the United States House of Representatives which encompasses the city in which I now live. If you don't believe wikipedia, check out this mostly legitimate looking site.

Anyway, if you're not familiar with who Ron Paul is, he is a Congressman running for President and right now he's trying to win the Republican nomination. He won't win mind you. We'll almost know for sure in two days when inevitability plays out. Nonetheless, he does have some loyal and slightly zany supporters. This is mostly a result of his steadfast and slightly zany positions. To briefly explain his general political leanings, he ran for President in 2004 with the Libertarian party.

His ardent supporters were out there yesterday. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just leave you hanging. I took some photos and when I have time (read: never) I'll post them. There was some really clever stuff going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Clever stuff going on," "leave you hanging"!!! Your readers like neat, complete packages with everything buttoned down. This incompleteness is like, like .... life.