Tuesday, November 21, 2006

be suspicious of those who are suspicious of you

I cheated and posted some retroactive entries. Go hither and find them!

Here is another great e-mail I received:

Lt. (name removed) with the Sheriff’s Department asked that I forward some information to you. The Sheriff’s Department received a notification from the FBI warning those within the oil and gas industry to be extra vigilant and very attentive to what is going on around their sites. At this time, there are NO specific threats to industry in this area; however, the notification did recommend that industry personnel continue to exhibit heightened awareness out in the field.

Fantastic. I'll start spying on my neighbor too just for good measure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that non-specific warnings were counter-productive. This was especially true when I was in Vietnam a long time ago.

Anonymous said...

They really want you to take this kind of warning very seriously, right? The next thing they probably will warn you not to ....., well I better not go there. Hate to see you trying to explain what the hell it is.