Saturday, December 17, 2005

addendum

The low temperature should not start with a 7. And be one digit long. Additionally, the high temperature of the day should not be in the 30's. Well, as much as I enjoy discussing it, that's about enough on the weather for now. I'll be sure to come up with some dandy posts in the future when the weather does something other than be cold.

I have an addendum to my post from a couple days ago that was ostensibly about love. I deliberately used the word conditional as a contrast to the idea of "unconditional love" which seems like such an ill-advised idea when speaking in the romantic sense. Also, as I reflect upon it further, the idea of conditional love (by which I meant respect preceding love) is not necessarily contradictory to the ideas I quote from Steven Pinker. Love can both require respect, but still be an irrational feeling. We can be rational about who we choose to respect. But once we do that, it does not mean that we can be entirely rational about whom we choose to love.

No comments: