Friday, December 23, 2005

bowl, party

Hey, Cal won its bowl game last night. They beat BYU 35-28 in the Las Vegas Bowl. Scott and Mike, I hope it was a fun game to watch in person. Not that I saw it on television since I don't own one. In fact, even if I had one, I wouldn't have seen it since I was at the company Christmas party last night.

I know, I know. After last year's 'festivities' I vowed not to go again. Now that I actually know some of my co-workers, it was far less horribly awkward and instead only mildly awkward. I also appreciated the smoke-free nature of the venue so everyone who wanted a snipe had to go outside. The drinking and dancing were still not for me, but some work-issues that came up last night let me escape from the drunk-fest that the party inevitably degenerated into. Sort of. In another sense, the inebriated state of some people made it expressly more difficult to figure how to cover a particular job. In the end, we got it covered and everyone's a hero, and the checks are in the mail. But I'm still really upset about several little things that added up to make last night much more difficult than it had to be.

To change gears, the fact that it's Christmas in two days does not really register with me. But at least I finally unpacked and cleaned up most of my apartment.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Testing comment notification.