Friday, December 19, 2008

more blogging from the Austin airport

Hey my three to six regular readers and that strange person who posts comments with peculiar pseudonyms. Msmadeoff? Nice.

Once again, I'm catching an early flight out of Austin in about 80 minutes and will hit the Bay Area around 0900 PST. I did my usual (if there's such a thing) drive to the airport in the middle of the night, then catch a nap in the car. Unlike the Albuquerque airport which is almost totally empty in the middle of the night and I was once the very first person through the security checkpoint, the Austin airport has people coming and going at all hours. When I pulled up to the airport around 0300, there was a line of cars exiting the airport. Then again, AUS is a bit bigger than ABQ, and yet they don't have wireless internet (I have a broadband card) like ABQ and SJC. And I can't find a store that sells the Wall Street Journal. I always knew there was something seriously wrong with this state.

Anyway, I'm able to come back to the Bay Area, because I am not in the middle of moving far, far away. I might be at the start of moving far, far away, but the first attempt was aborted and we'll see how this one plays out. As such, I'll be back all week before returning to Victoria, wrapping out more closure business, then perhaps going somewhere, but who knows where because it's so dynamic and everyone loves dynamism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

st louis is such a lovely place this time of year...